Here are some of the findings from the research:
- With an NPS of 47, VMWare came out on top followed closely by SAP analytics with 45. At the other end of the spectrum, four tech vendors have negative NPS: CSC IT services, Infosys IT services, Alcatel-Lucent, and Deloitte consulting.
- The average NPS in the tech industry went from 33.6 in 2012 to 24.7 in 2013. The percentage of promoters dropped seven points.
- Compared with detractors, we found that promoters are more than six times likely to forgive a tech vendor if they deliver a bad experience, almost six times as likely to try a new offering from the company, and more than three times as likely to purchase more from them in 2013.
- Forgiveness and willingness to try increase steadily starting at 3 while increased purchases begins steady growth at 5.
- Promoters most frequently wanted lower prices and better support, while passives and detractors were looking for better support.
- Oracle outsourcing has the strongest purchase intentions while Trend Micro has the weakest.
- SAP analytics and Sybase have earned the most forgiveness while Trend Micro has earned the least.
- VMWare has the most innovation equity while Accenture consulting and Intuit have the least.
$495 Buy Now