This is an update to the original eBook that was published in 2008. It has been downloaded and read by 10s of 1,000s of people around the world and is likely one of the most-read documents ever on the topic of customer experience.
Just like the three laws that govern all of physics, there are a set of fundamental truths about how customer experience operates. This eBook outlines the following 6 laws of customer experience:
- Every interaction creates a personal reaction.
- People are instinctively self-centered.
- Customer familiarity breeds alignment.
- Unengaged employees don’t create engaged customers.
- Employees do what is measured, incented, and celebrated.
- You can’t fake it.