The 2017 Temkin Customer Service Ratings (TCSR) rates 295 companies across 20 industries based on a study of 10,000 U.S. consumers. This product is the dataset, in excel, for the 2017 TCSR. It includes data for all 295 companies and 20 industries, the changes in TCSR between 2016 and 2017, and the difference inTCSR across age groups for each industry. Here’s a list of all of the companies (.pdf) and you can see a sample of the dataset (.xls).
USAA earned the highest score in the Temkin Customer Service Ratings for the fifth year in a row. Its banking business earned the only excellent rating, while its insurance, and credit card businesses tied with Mercedes-Benz for the second highest rating.
Highlights of the 2017 Temkin Customer Service Ratings include:
- These companies earned ratings of 15 points or more above their industry averages: AOL, USAA (for it banking, insurance, and credit cards business), Mercedes-Benz, ACE Rent A Car.
- Days Inn earned a rating that was 22 points below the hotel industry average. Airbnb, Kmart, and Spirit Airlines also fell 15 points or more below their peers.
- All 19 industries that are in both the 2016 and 2017 ratings increased over the previous year (streaming media is new this year). Four industries had double-digit increases: utilities, rental cars & transport, TV & appliances, auto dealers, and airlines.
- GMC dealers jumped 42 points between 2016 and 2017, leading these other firms that increased 25 points or more: Fujitsu, Haier, Dollar, Hitachi, ACE Rent A Car. and Volkswagen.
- Nine companies dropped by five or more points over the previous year: Wells Fargo, Time Warner Cable, Taco Bell, Advance Auto Parts, PetSmart, Virgin Mobile, JCPenney, ShopRite, and Giant Eagle.
$295.00 – $3,695.00